Eligibility for Early/Head Start is based on the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines which are updated each year by the Census Bureau. Head Start families’ income may not exceed the poverty line. However, programs are allowed to accept a limited number of families that earn more than the guidelines allow, so it is best to check with the program to determine if you are eligible.
To apply for your child, please contact our office at (910) 487-9800. You will need to fill out the application, and bring it to our office at 5135 Morganton Rd. Fayetteville, NC 28314. Applications will be accepted Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am until 4:00 pm.
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Medicaid or insurance card
- Income verification for last 12 months
- Photo identification
- Education award letter (if in school)
The Review Process
Once you turn in a completed application (with the above documents) at our office, the following process will take place:
- Your application will be processed and your child will be placed on the waiting list.
- Children are pulled from the waiting list as center openings become available.
- You will be contacted by a Family Advocate when your child will be enrolled in a center.