Helping All of Our Neighbors, Together
The ABC11 Together Food Drive, led by ABC 11 Eyewitness News, brings together hundreds of local businesses, schools, clubs and individuals to raise food and funds for the over 600,000 children, parents, and grandparents who suffer from food insecurity in North Carolina. A food-insecure household means that members of the home don’t have access to enough healthy and nutritious food to support an active and healthy lifestyle. Homes that have low food security must often make tough choices about the amount and quality of food they are able to provide their families. Homes that are considered to have “very low” food security often miss meals and we want to do what we can across our 7-county access area to change that reality for families.
- 1 in 6 people in southeast North Carolina are food insecure – 1 in 4 are children.
- 75% of North Carolina food bank clients have had to choose between paying rent or buying food.
- Southeast North Carolina has a food insecurity rate of 19%, much higher than the state average of 15.4%.
- Charitable programs are unable to fully support those struggling with hunger. The combination of charity and government assistance programs are necessary to help bridge the meal gap.
Please help support the thousands of families in our region that need help putting food on the table.
Here’s how to give hope and meals on Wednesday, December 11:
- Fayetteville Food Lion Food Drive Drop-off (5am-8pm):
Westwood Shopping Center – 151 Westwood Shopping Center, Fayetteville, NC 28314 (map)
- Phone Bank (6am-8pm): Tune in to ABC11 for phone number
For a list of our most needed items, click here
This year, we aim to provide 1,300,000 meals!
To learn more about the ABC11 event directly from our CEO Lonnie Ballard, Jr. click here.
Tune in to ABC11 for special coverage of Drive-Thru Day!
On social media? Use #ABC11Together